3/8 at HREC- NOGO, etc

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: Early this am while working at about 2500' I
      watched a beautiful, adult-plumaged Northern Goshawk as it soared/swirled
      almost directly out in front of me over the Parson's Creek canyon. The
      bird was interacting in this way with a Red-tailed Hawk for about 5 minutes
      before proceeding north up the Russian River. Also in the area were 2 very
      early Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, the earliest ever arrivals of which I am
      aware by 5 days. Orange-crowned Warblers have been trilling in the oak
      woodlands since Monday and the Audubon Yellow-rumped Warblers are changing
      into their fancy clothes- spring is springing!

      Chuck Vaughn

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482