Mendo weekend birds 08-09 November 2008

  • Cindy Lieurance
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008
      MendoBirders -

      Along with Rich Stallcup and a bunch of good friends, Les and I
      enjoyed a rainy Saturday and a sunny Sunday morning mostly along the
      Mendocino Coast. We did not see Karen, Toby, nor David, but we do
      have a few other highlights to report.

      Friday, 07 November 2008 (late afternoon)
      1 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE on the beach at Little River

      Saturday, 08 November 2008
      2 HARLEQUIN DUCKS at Glass Beach

      Sunday, 09 November 2008
      From the platform at Laguna Point we saw:
      1 PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER
      1 BULLER'S SHEARWATER
      1 BONAPARTE'S GULL
      1 ROCK SANDPIPER - we saw this little beauty around 8:30 AM in great
      light - it was, as usual, with the BLACK TURNSTONEs & SURFBIRDs
      48 BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS !

      And at the Garcia River we saw 1 FERRUGINOUS HAWK.

      Cindy Lieurance
      San Francisco CA U.S.A.