USTP Bonaparte's Gull

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008
      Tue, 04 Nov 2008 -- This morning I made a brief trip to the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant dodging rainshowers. There was a first-winter BONAPARTE'S
      GULL there, unusual for this location. Several of us saw it Sunday, 2 Nov,
      and it can still be seen at close range. Today it was making flycatching
      sallies close to the water, and an Eared Grebe was following it wherever it
      went. (!?)

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA