Lesser Black-backed Gull

  • white-jerry
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      John Luther just called and said he and John Sterling(and John's daughter) were looking at the gull in Redbud Park. This is the first time it has been found at that location.

      As I was writing this I got another call from John Luther. All the gulls flushed including the Lesser Black-backed Gull but some of the gulls were returning so it could be back. In addition a new gull showed up.
      An adult Heerman's Gull. That happens to be only the 4th county record.

      I'm waiting in anticipation for the next phone call to see what those guys can turn up. Jerry White

    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008
        Floyd Hayes saw the gull again today between about 8:15 AM & 8:45 AM, this time on the roof of Rays Market which is just to the south of Wal Mart in the City of Clearlake.

        I birded for a couple of hours at Clear Lake State Park. Birds of general interest (for the upcoming CBC) were; 4 Townsend's Warblers, an Orange-crowned Warbler, a number of Golden-crowned Kinglet's, 2 Glaucous-winged Gulls at the outlet and a Common Loon seen from the swim beach.

        Jerry White