White-throated Sparrows

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
      Sunday 2 November 2008. I had 3 White-throated Sparrows today (late
      morning)at the Little River Airport. They were in a mixed sparrow flock
      of mainly Golden-crowned Sparrows. There were 2 white-striped and 1 tan-
      striped. The most I've ever seen at once has been one.

      Richard Hubacek
    • George Chaniot
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2008
        Mon, 03 Nov 2008 -- I also had three WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS at my feeders
        here in Potter Valley today. This is an unusual concentration here. One was
        white-striped and two were tan-striped.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA

        > From: "richhubie" <richhubie@...>
        > Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 02:40:54 -0000
        > To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Mendobirds] White-throated Sparrows
        >
        > Sunday 2 November 2008. I had 3 White-throated Sparrows today (late
        > morning)at the Little River Airport. They were in a mixed sparrow flock
        > of mainly Golden-crowned Sparrows. There were 2 white-striped and 1 tan-
        > striped. The most I've ever seen at once has been one.
        >
        > Richard Hubacek
      • George Chaniot
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2011
          Mon, 28 Feb 2011 -- Today I confirmed what I have been suspecting for some
          time : there are at least _four_ White-throated Sparrows coming to my
          feeders here in Potter Valley. Today I had three tan-stripes in view at
          once, and I got to compare fine points of their plumage. There is also a
          white-stripe, and I suspect that there may be more than one of them.
          I used to think of White-throated Sparrows as being irregular and rare
          here; now I think of them as regular and fairly common.

          George Chaniot
          Potter Valley, MEN, CA
        • Richard
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2011
            Tue Apr 5, 2011---Back on November 23, 2010, I posted that I had at least 4 WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS at my feeders here in Little River. Today there are still at least 2 present. I have been able to look over the birds at my feeders and find anywhere from 4 to 2 White-throated Sparrows present during that period of time. In the past they have shown-up for no more then a week and then leave. Will be listening for their song.

            Richard Hubacek
            Little River