Chipping Sparrow

  • Becky Stenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
      A new bird has appeared here at my seed feeder in Glen Blair. It's a
      little Chipping Sparrow, exactly matches the first year photo in the
      Thayer program. While the literature says it's common, I've never
      seen one before. It hangs out with the Juncos, and since it's so
      small it seems very comfortable sitting on the lip of the feeder.
      Also it camouflages really well in the scratched up brown grass under
      the feeder.

      Becky Stenberg
      Glen Blair
    • Steve Stump
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2014
        1-11-14 1045

        This morning at 1045 there was an adult Chipping Sparrow at the Ukiah WWTP. It was located on the South fenceline of the ponds.

        Steve Stump
        Upper Lake, CA
      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2014

          1-12-14 0947

          This am at 0947 at the UWWTP, Geoff, Cheryl and I saw 2 adult Chipping Sparrows. Most likely the bird reported yesterday plus one. I was able to get a quick photo before they both flew off. Steve Stump

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevestump/11912594036/