White-throated Sparrow

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 22, 2008
      21 October 2008 - The darker rufous coloring in the wings caught my
      eye on a bird in my brush pile located in my chicken pen. Alas, a
      bit of "pishing" resulted in a better look at the first fall arrival
      (in my yard) of a nice adult White-throated Sparrow at my home in
      Hopland. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      arena." Theodore Roosevelt

    • Becky Stenberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2008
        I have a wts here in Glen Blair also. Glad I read the digest and
        looked it up so I could quit being baffled by the odd-looking
        White-crowned Sparrow with the Song Sparrowish face! So I guess I
        shouldn't pay so much attention to the range maps? ;oP

        Becky Stenberg
        Glen Blair
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
          Mon Oct 3, 2011-- Has my first Fall/Winter WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at my feeders today at 2:15PM.

          Richard Hubacek
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
            This morning a White-throated Sparrow showed up at my feeders. This is the 1st one in a long time for me. I hope it sticks around. I have been hearing of high numbers of them south of us at peoples' feeders this year.

            Dave Bengston
            Ukiah
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 18, 2012
              I had my first of winter White-throated Sparrow at my feeder today. A very bright adult with 2 yellow headlights.

              Dave Bengston
              Ukiah
            • Ron LeValley
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 21, 2014

                Hello birders,

                As of today, April 21, there is still a White-throated Sparrow at our feeders in Little River. Seems late, and it is molting into breeding plumage.

                Ron LeValley

                Little River