Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Oct 21, 2008
      While on my way home in the waning light of Friday the 17th, I was shocked to see a dark-billed swan in Detert Reseroir, along Butts Canyon Road south of Middletown. I returned on Saturday the 18th and confirmed its identity as an adult TUNDRA SWAN. A male EURASIAN WIGEON and a GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE were also present. I did not see the swan either yesterday morning or this morning, but the light was poor and I didn't stop to look carefully (needed to get a few kids to get to school on time).

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA
    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014