first time here Stellar Jay

  • Lakshmi Kary
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hi All,
      For the first time ever ,I saw(and Heard) a Stellars Jay at my house on Road D in Redwood

      Valley.
      Scrub calif blue Jays have been common, but no Stellars Jay thus far!
      Ive been here 8 years, and never saw this common bird here before.
      He is calling a lot. But not getting any answer.
      Lynne Kary

    • J Rosen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
        They first appeared in my backyard in southwest Ukiah about 3 years ago - one to four at a time and irregularly, mainly in the spring and have turf wars/coexist uneasily with the scrub jays and the mockingbirds.

        Janet Rosen
        Zanshin Art
        "When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are hungry they call me a communist" - Helder Camara