Possible Ruff at Borax Lake

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      Very early yesterday morning I was unable to find a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER at Borax Lake but I photographed a juvenile BAIRD'S SANDPIPER with the flock of peeps on the small island.

      Michael Stanley just e-mailed to me a very blurry photo of a much larger shorebird with pale legs and a short, pale bill, tentatively identified as a PECTORAL SANDPIPER. It towers above the peeps and to me it looks too large for a Pectoral Sandpiper--I think it could well be a RUFF! It would be nice if somebody could check out this bird soon...

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA