Pectoral Sandpiper at Borax Lake

  • catowhee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      This morning (09/15/2008) at about 8:30 Nick Shepherd and I saw a
      PECTORAL SANDPIPER at Borax Lake in Lake County. The bird was in a
      flock of peeps that included about ten LEAST SANDPIPERS and about
      fifty WESTERN SANDPIPERS. The birds were on the extreme northwesterly
      end of the exposed mudflats about a third of the way up the
      southwesterly side of the lake. Low quality digiscoped photographs
      that reasonably show the bird relatively to the peeps are available on
      request.

      Mike Stanley
      Clearlake, CA