Point Arena Cove

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 160 , Sep 11, 2008
      Combining some volunteer driving of a CRC client to the Point Arena clinic
      with some birding, I spent ~30 minutes at Arena Cove this morning. There
      were 5 Red-necked Phalaropes, juveniles and adults, surface feeding in the
      foam near the shore on the right side of the pier. Several Black Turnstones
      were inspecting the bull kelp that had washed ashore recently nearby. There
      were also 2 Wandering Tattlers, many juvenile and adult Western Gulls, a
      juvenile and adult Heermann’s Gull and 2 Black Oystercatchers on the shore.
      Perched in the snag above was a watchful Osprey.

      Good Birding - Rich

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch

      N 38°45'02" W 123° 31'27"