marked TUVUs and CORAs

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 11:25 AM
      8 Sept 2008 - Recently researchers were trapping Turkey Vultures and
      Common Ravens at the UC Hopland Research & Extension Center. They
      captured 34 TUVUs and 40 CORAs. The Turkey vultures were marked with
      white patagial (wing) tags with black numbers- #s 63- 96. the
      Common Ravens were marked with metal leg bands of the number sequence
      #s 1687-31562 through 1687-31599. Please report to me or the UC
      Hopland Research & Extension Center if you sight any of these
      birds. I anticipate little movement with the ravens ....but The
      turkey Vultures will most likely be heading south for the winter
      ...although we do assume to have some resident birds. Thanks and
      good birding. Bob Keiffer 707-744-1424 wk (UC-HREC)

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road