Barred Owls

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      Tuesday, 26 Feb, I just got off the phone with the Calif. State Parks -
      Mendocino District Headquarters, and their biologist prefers that this
      recent observation of Barred Owls NOT, I repeat, NOT placed on CALBIRD or
      any other statewide listserve. They want to provide opportunities for
      the public, however, they have had bad experiences from outside birders in
      the past. When the Yellow-billed Cuckoo was found and listed as being
      found at the Navarro River Banding station several years ago there were
      outside birders who actually set up tents in the riparian area/banding area
      in hopes of finding the bird. THIS IS NOT ETHICAL BIRDING!
      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road