Borax Lake

  • grebeman2
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
      Floyd Hayes called to say he also found another SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER
      at Borax Lake yeserday. The two birds found on the day are the 6th and
      7th record for Lake County.

      Floyd also saw a Red-necked Phalarope. Jerry White for Floyd Hayes
    • Floyd Hayes
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009
        Around noon today at Borax Lake I saw a LESSER YELLOWLEGS and similar numbers of WESTERN and LEAST SANDPIPERS as last weekend, but no phalaropes or anything else noteworthy.

        Floyd Hayes
        Hidden Valley Lake, CA
      • Floyd Hayes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
          On Tuesday the 20th, Doug Weidemann and I found an adult male WILSON'S PHALAROPE, a SEMIPALMATED PLOVER and a PHAINOPEPLA at Borax Lake. On Friday the 16th, two female-type CINNAMON TEAL were at Borax Lake.

          Floyd Hayes
          Hidden Valley Lake, CA
        • Floyd Hayes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2010
            On Friday the 23rd there were two BLACK-NECKED STILTS at Borax Lake.

            Floyd Hayes
            Hidden Valley Lake, CA
          • Floyd Hayes
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2010
              Last evening Doug Weidemann and I saw one SEMIPALMATED PLOVER, two juvenile SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS, nine WILSON'S PHALAROPES and an adult BALD EAGLE at Borax Lake.

              Floyd Hayes
              Hidden Valley Lake, CA
            • Jerry White
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 11, 2013
                This morning at Borax Lake in Lake County I saw the continuing BLACK-NECKED STILT. But of interest is that a female Black-necked Stilt has also shown up. This is only the 4th summer record for Lake County.
                Also a Phainopepla flew by. This is only the 5th summer record for the county. Jerry White