Kelsey Creek Outlet

  • grebeman2
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
      Yesterday morning there was a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER hanging out with
      single Western Sandpiper at the outlet. Jerry White
    • white-jerry
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2008
        Dave Woodward and I were at the outlet for about an hour. Still present were 2 Sanderlings and the two
        American Avocets. New arrival; 2 Baird's Sandpipers. Jerry White

      • Jerry White
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 9, 2009
          This morning there was a LESSER YELLOWLEGS, a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, and a heard only
          LEAST BITTERN. Jerry White

        • Jerry White
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 22, 2014
            This morning there was a BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER  (flew off about 10 minutes after I found it), the continuing Lesser Yellowlegs and one Pectoral Sandpiper. Also I saw a SORA; the first summer record for the county. Jerry White
          • Jerry White
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 27, 2014
              This morning at the outlet there was a SNOWY PLOVER. This is the second record for Lake County.
              Also there was a WHIMBREL (which flew off) and a MARBLED GODWIT.
              On Friday the 25th there was a WILSON'S SNIPE. This is the first summer record for the county.  Jerry White
            • Jerry White
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 30, 2014
                This morning at the outlet there were 10 species of shorebirds. Highlights were the SNOWY PLOVER, a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER and a Red-necked Phalarope (which flew off). Jerry White
              • Jerry White
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 30, 2014
                  A correction to my previous post; there were 11 species of shorebirds out there.  Jerry White
                • Jerry White
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 1, 2014
                    This morning Dave Woodward, Brad Barnwell and I saw the SNOWY PLOVER and the SANDERLING.  Jerry White
                  • Jerry White
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4, 2014
                      The BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER first found yesterday was still there this morning. A Peregrine Falcon came through and scared off most of the other shorebirds. The Snowy Plover appears to have moved on. There was also a Savannah Sparrow.   Jerry White
                    • stevestump
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 16, 2014

                        8/16/14 3:30 pm

                        This afternoon at the Kelsey Creek Outlet there were 4 Baird's Sandpiper. Also there were 4 Caspian Terns of which one was banded. Steve Stump

                        Baird's Sandpiper

                      • Jerry White
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 2, 2014
                          This morning Dave Woodward and I saw a BLUE-WINGED TEAL (first seen by Dave) fly by. Later in the morning I went back out and 5 COMMON TERNS flew in. There was at least one of the terns still there when I left at about 11:40 AM. Also there were 3 young Western Grebes with adults seen.   Jerry White
                        • Jerry White
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 4, 2014
                            This morning there was a juvenile SANDERLING at the outlet. The bird was also seen by Dave Woodward.
                            I had a call from Steve Stump this afternoon and  the Sanderling was still out there.  Jerry White