08/28 Semi-palm Sandpiper (Virgin Ck) & L-B Curlews (Ten Mile)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      Thur, 28 Aug '08- Dorothy "Toby" Tobkin found a fresh, juvenile
      SEMI-PALMATED SANDPIPER at Virgin Ck beach.  I also saw the
      same bird after her call to me. It ranged from the closed-off creek
      to the farthest north sandy beach.  It was with a single, juv. Western
      and several Least Sandpipers. Also, Virgin Creek held 2 MARBLED
      GODWITS and a BOBCAT !
      Thur, 28 Aug '08- Ten Mile beach, I had 2 LONG-BILLED CURLEWS
      at the tiny lagoon formed at Inglenook Creek mouth.  Seven SNOWY
      PLOVERS were behind their renovated fence south of Ten Mile Rvr.
      Two additional MARBLED GODWITS rounded out the better birds.

      Karen A. Havlena
      Ten Mile area, North of Fort Bragg, CA