Ross's Goose

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: The Ross's Goose that Bob Keiffer saw last Friday
      is still on the pond at the Crofoot Ranch. The bird is with a small bunch
      of white domestic geese and some Canada Geese just on the east side of
      Hiway 101 about a mile N of the Jepson Winery. I would advise you to park
      on the large gravelled turnout on the west side of the road. Hiway 101 is
      just 2 lanes here, and you can easily walk across to the east side of the
      road and look directly into the pond. There were also 3 Hooded Mergansers
      on the pond. The geese were grazing along the edge.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482
    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
        I just found out that Bryan McIntosh first found the Ross's Goose (reported on the prior post) yesterday. J. White

      • Robert Keiffer
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14 4:34 PM
          14 March 2012 - Wednesday - One adult ROSS'S GOOSE was with Canada Geese in the Crofoot Ranch pasture along highway 101 4 miles north of Hopland
          This afternoon. Good Birding! Bob Keiffer.

        • Robert Keiffer
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2013
            Saturday - 23 November 2013 - An adult ROSS'S GOOSE was mixed with the grazing Canada Geese at Crofoot's property along Highway 101 about 4 miles north of Hopland.  This is the white-fenced cattle/llama pasture on the east side of Highway 101.   It was there in the morning and at 3:00PM in the afternoon.   I only had binoculars, not a spotting scope, but the size comparison between the bird and the Canadas tells me that it is a Ross's and not a Snow Goose.  Good Birding.  Bob Keiffer    rjkeiffer@...