Ten Mile and Virgin Creek 8/19-21/08

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2008
      Thurs, 21 Aug '08 - Ten Mile beach:  I saw 5 Baird's Sandpipers at three
      far apart locations from Inglenook Creek to just north of the Ward Ave.
      ramp.  One of the birds appeared to be an adult, with the other 4 in fresh
      juvenile plumage.  Two of the juvs. were seen by me on Tues, 19 Aug.
      near Inglenook Ck.
      Also, I had 5 Marbled Godwits on the 19th near Ward Ave.

      At Virgin Creek, both Wed & Thurs, 20-21 Aug, a sub-adult Green Heron
      has been feeding right out in the open by the edge of the creek, west of
      the Haul Rd bridge.  I saw it on 8/20 and Toby Tobkin also had it on 8/21.
      Surfbirds, Black Turnstones, Blk-bellied & Semi-palm Plovers on the
      beaches.  Several people (except me) have seen Ruddy Turnstones, too.
      Karen A. Havlena
      Ten Mile area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA