08/07/08 Harlequin Ducks but No Rose-breasted Grosbeak

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      Thur, 7 Aug '08 - Dorothy "Toby" Tobkin reports that 4 Harlequin Ducks
      are north of Virgin Creek beach in MacKerricher SP.  They are males
      in eclipse plumage.  Look just offshore from the bluff that separates
      Virgin Creek beach from the next large beach to the north.
      For Dorothy Tobkin,
      (KAH)
      Also, this morning I looked for the male Rose-breasted Grosbeak that
      I found on Tues, 5 Aug '08, but could not refind it.  It had probably just
      landed at that location, almost under the "old" Ten Mile bridge.  The
      willows are fairly thick there, and as usual, I didn't have much time to
      look for him.
      There were 7 Snowy Plovers this morning on Ten Mile beach, all unbanded.
      Six of them were behaving themselves (actually inside their enclosure),
      north of Inglenook Creek mouth.  The 7th was alone near Fen Creek mouth.

      Karen A. Havlena
      Ten Mile area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA