08/05/08 Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Ten Mile River Area

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      Tue, 5 Aug '08 -- This morning I saw an ad. male Rose-breasted Grosbeak
      just west of Ten Mile River bridge in the willows.  He initially perched at the
      edge of a large willow, then he flew to the interior.  I could not get him to
      make another appearance right away, since I had to get going on my SOS
      shorebird survey.
      The shorebird walk had a lot of variety, but nothing unusual was noted.  No
      Snowy Plovers were in evidence this time.  I have seen only 4 SNPL's at
      one time, then only one SNPL last week (the day I had the Pac Golden-
      Plover).  Wandering Tattler, Caspian Tern, Semi-palm Plover, Blk-bellied
      Plover, Black Oystercatcher, Least & Western Sandpipers, Com Merganser,
      Sanderlings, Brn Pelicans, Brandt's Cormorants, Surf Scoters, and Surfbird
      were along the way.

      Karen A. Havlena
      Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA