Gray Jays, Snowy Plovers + Others

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2008
      Thurs, 24 July '08 -- This morning was the first time for Snowy Plovers on
      Ten Mile beach; I had three unbanded SNPL's.  Yesterday, there were two,
      unbanded SNPL's found by Becky Bowen at Virgin Creek beach.  Other
      shorebird species have begun their southward move, such as Surfbird,
      Black Turnstone, and Ruddy Turnstone.

      I wanted to see Gray Jays this year, so a short trip to Van Damme SP was
      in order.  In the upper campground, there were three GRJA's (two ad. and
      one juv).  They were near campsite 53 and the north restrooms.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA