Potter Valley Raptors

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2002
      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 -- This morning I did a run on Pine Avenue, Potter Valley
      and saw a PRAIRIE FALCON on lower Pine Avenue. After flying over, it landed
      in the large oak on the open knoll to the north. Several weeks ago I saw
      one sitting in the same tree. Several days ago I had another sighting
      looking north from Burris Lane. There was also a distant FERRUGINOUS HAWK
      south of the emus, and on upper Pine Avenue, a MERLIN eating a junco. At
      the pond on Burris Lane, there were two GOLDEN EAGLES up close and
      personal. Red-tailed Hawks, Red-shouldered Hawks, a Sharp-shined Hawk, and
      an American Kestrel made it a pretty good raptor day.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA