Hooded Orioles

  • Janet Rosen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2008
      Neighbors directly to the south and a few lots north have fan palms,
      and I'd seen hooded oriole here last summer. This morning a large
      shrub/small tree in the neighbor's yard was playing host to a
      beautiful male plus what appeared to be a female and a couple of
      fledglings. Didn't have any other fruit handy, so have put out a
      little wedge of watermelon.
    • George Chaniot
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2008
        Tue, 22 Jul 2008 -- Today there was a lot of HOODED ORIOLE activity along
        Leslie Street in Ukiah. They appeared to be a pair of adults and several
        juveniles. Most of the activity was centered around the two fan palms in the
        600 block of Leslie, but they ranged wider through the neighborhood. During
        the heat of the day they spent most of their time in the deep shade of the
        lower palm leaves.
        Both a EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVE and a RINGED TURTLE-DOVE were singing in
        the same neighborhood.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA