Female Bufflehead at Pudding Creek

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2008
      Thursday, July 10, 2008. This evening I found a female BUFFLEHEAD in the Pudding Creek lagoon just east of the Highway One bridge in Fort Bragg. Although Dr. Stanley Harris' book states that "a few nonbreeders remain [in northwestern California] throughout the summer," this is the first summer BUFF I have seen along this coast since I returned in 2001.