Am Avocet & Greater Scaup - Ten Mile - 3 July '08

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 3:29 PM
      Thurs, 3 July '08 - This morning I saw an AMERICAN AVOCET with its toasted marshmallow head and neck, first on Ten Mile beach, then late AM and this
      afternoon, it was west of Ten Mile bridge (best seen with a scope).  Also, on
      the river west of the bridge, was an adult male GREATER SCAUP, also in
      alternate plumage.

      I called Art Morley, who also got to see the Am Avocet, which is a MEN County
      bird for both Art and me.  I have been fortunate to have added 8 birds to my
      MEN County list since the beginning of May!

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA