Coast Shorebirds

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi Birders. I spent a few minutes at Virgin Creek Beach both yesterday today, and the first few south-bound Shorebirds are starting to pass through. Yesterday (the 1st) I had 22 Western Sandpipers and 1 Least Sandpiper. Today I had the Least Sandpiper again, as well as 12 Whimbrels, 3 Marbled Godwits
      and 3 Black-bellied Plovers. The Westerns were gone. Also, among several hundred California and Western Gulls I had 4 very bleached Glaucous-winged Gulls yesterday and about 50 Heermann's Gulls today.

      Matt Brady