Merlin, Harlequin Ducks & Wilson's Phalarope

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 7:46 PM
      Tues, 1 July '08 - I saw a MERLIN of the 'suckleyi' race flying about 20 feet
      west from, and above, the Haul Road at the north end of Ward Ave in
      Cleone. (The previous day, I was fairly sure that a, or the same, Merlin
      flew over the bluff at Ocean Meadows).  At Ward Ave, I had easy, clear
      views of the bird and noted the very, dark streaking on the breast and
      narrow, dark tail.  Any barring on the tail was not easily discerned.

      Also, 1 July, '08 - Dave Bengston saw 3 eclipse-plumaged HARLEQUIN
      DUCKS off Virgin Creek beach in N Fort Bragg.  I called Toby, and she
      said that she had seen one HADU in eclipse plumage there.

      2 July, '08 - I saw a Wilson's Phalarope and 3 Western Sandpipers at
      Caspar Creek mouth.

      Karen Havlena
      also - Dave Bengston
      Fort Bragg coastal area, CA