Fw: [Mendobirds] Laytonville Phainopepla

  • John Lace
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      From: John Lace
      To: Robert J. Keiffer
      Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 11:50 AM
      Subject: Re: [Mendobirds] Laytonville Phainopepla

      Hi Bob,
      Here is the address:

      Black Oak Ranch (MAP)
      50350 North Hwy 101
      Laytonville, CA 95454 US
      (707) 984-6507

      The owner is an old hippie, named Wavy Gravy, who was an emcee at the original Woodstock, and very earth friendly and would IMHO be happy to have birders document the breeding. www.wavygravy.net

      I am absolutely sure of the ID. I watched them for 5-10 minutes and have seen them commonly in the Sierra foothills, and in Arizona when I lived there in the early 90's.

      The tree they were in was creek side at the "Riverside" camping area at the festival. The owners would know where that is.
      Let me know if you find them.
      John Lace
      Grass Valley, CA
      530.277.8874