white-throated swifts

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      5 June 2008 - At least 4 White-throated Swifts can be found flying around the Dos Rios Highway 162 (Covelo Road) bridge, as previously reported by C.Vaughn & G.Chaniot. This is a great place to find these birds in Mendocino County ,,,with some terrific looks (actually looking down on the birds). If you go there don't be confused by the numerous cliff and rough-winged swallows that also nest under the bridge. The swifts come and go every few minutes ...so listen for their excited twittering calls.

      Sorry if this is a repeat message ...as I was having troubles with my yahoo/Mendobirds account. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer