Three White-faced Ibises - Ten Mile River 5/31/08

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Sat, 31 May, 2008- I saw three White-faced Ibises ~ 9:30 AM
      flying west over Ten Mile River toward the mouth. Jim and I were
      on the road south of the river, but he drove us north across the
      Ten Mile bridge and could not see them until we parked. He
      did get to see them, but they flew north gaining altitude. (There
      were also quite a few Purple Martins at the bridge). We also
      drove north and checked everywhere we thought possible,
      including Westport STP and creek mouths.

      Around 11:00, we saw Jerry White near Juan Creek. He was
      heading south and was going to also check at the Westport
      STP. So far, no word from Jerry (at 2:00 PM), so I guess they
      kept migrating or stopped at an out-of-sight farm pond. That
      is another MEN county bird for me. Watch out "bd." One more
      and we will be tied. Nice consolation birds, since I missed the
      Indigo Bunting.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA