Tufted Puffin Seen Again - Mendocino Headlands 5/28/08

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      Wed, 28 May 2008 -- At 1:15 PM today, I witnessed the same
      view of a Tufted Puffin at Mendocino Headlands. The bird was
      on the water NW of the rocks when I arrived, but it almost
      immediately picked up and flew to a burrow that is barely out
      of sight on the NW side of the rock/island with grass on top
      (could be Goat Rock?). It was great to see the puffin come in
      for a landing, with wings and bright orange-red feet spread out
      in all directions!

      Karen Havlena