Tufted Puffin off Mendocino Headlands

  • albionsunbird
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2008
      On Monday, 26 May, about 11:00 AM, Stan Snyder spotted a Tufted Puffin
      in the bay north of Mendocino Headlands. After watching the bird
      dive, we saw it fly to the north most near island and landed just
      below the rim. This is the green island with the tunnel through the
      right side and the Western Gulls nesting above the "puffin nest." The
      bird stretched and shook off water then disappeared into a hole. The
      mouth of the hole is not visible from shore.

      Larry Siemens