Rock Sandpipers etc

  • kabe@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Weds Jan 30 at about 11 a.m. I saw one Rock Sandpiper with Surfbirds on
      the rocks north of Laguna Point. It was most clearly viewed from the top
      of the stairs between the 2nd and 3rd observation platforms from the
      end. At 10 a.m. I saw 6 male and 6 female Harliequin Ducks at the cove
      south of Glass Beach after a nice birder from Arcata showed me to look
      on the rocks near the water line. 3 trips to Van Damme produced no Gray
      Jays, but a ranger told me that one joined her for lunch on the 30th at
      one of the picnic tables opposite the visitor center. (which is not
      open)

      Karen Peterson
      Berkeley