White-faced Ibis

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2008
      16 May 2008 - Friday 3:45 PM - a lone white-faced Ibis was seen on a
      private pond near the bottom of the UC Hopland Research & Extension
      Center. If anyone really wants to see this bird, this evening is
      probably a good chance. Call me 391-8190 cell or 744-1160 home
      (eves). I have permission from the landowner and can get you in
      this evening. I doubt if the bird will stay the weekend due to
      human activity on the pond this weekend. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      arena." Theodore Roosevelt

    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27 5:11 PM
        A WHITE-FACED IBIS was found this morning at the Ukiah Treatment Ponds by Paul Hawks. The bird was still there this afternoon at the "entrance pond ". There was also a Golden Eagle seen flying high over the ponds.
        This morning there were 4 Least Sandpipers, a Long-billed Dowitcher and the continuing Lesser Yellowlegs.
        Jerry and Nikki White

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 27 10:41 PM
          Hello all. I, too, visited the USTP today, though between 11:10 and 12:20. I did NOT see the Ibis, which is unfortunate, as it would still be a Mendocino County bird for me. However, I did note seven (7) Least Sandpipers, one (1) Western Sandpiper, one (1) Spotted Sandpiper, one (1) Long-billed Dowitcher, one (1) Lesser Yellowlegs and one (1) BAIRD'S SANDPIPER. All were along the edge of the north pond, and all were, as far as I could tell, adults still mostly in alternate plumage. Also of note were three (3) Green Herons, one (1) Yellow-breasted Chat (still singing) and one (1) Pacific-slope Flycatcher calling along the Russian River.

          Matt Brady
          Potter Valley

          --- In Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry White" <white-jerry@...> wrote:

          > A WHITE-FACED IBIS was found this morning at the Ukiah Treatment Ponds by Paul Hawks. The bird was still there this afternoon at the "entrance pond ". There was also a Golden Eagle seen flying high over the ponds.
          > This morning there were 4 Least Sandpipers, a Long-billed Dowitcher and the continuing Lesser Yellowlegs.
          > Jerry and Nikki White

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2013
            Sun May 5, 2013 7:00 am A White-faced Ibis is feeding in the middle pond at the UWWTP. Also a male and female Am. Wigeon Steve Stump
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 30 10:30 AM
              Tue Jul 30, 2013 0745

              There was a White-faced Ibis at the WWTP this am. The bird was trying to find a place to land. Unfortunately the North pond has been rising and the bird did not land.

              By August 10th our middle pond should be ripped which will allow the water levels to drop in all ponds. This will be a good time for spotting shorebirds for whoever may be interested.

              Steve Stump
            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 6 , May 14

                5/14/15 1245 pm

                There is a White-faced Ibis at the Ukiah WWTP in the sludge lagoon. Steve Stump