Red-shouldered Hawk (not!)

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2008
      Pardon this sort of "Hound of the Baskervilles-esque" post, but for
      the first time in 36 years, including a dozens with active nesting in
      the oaks around my house on Burris Lane in PV, I have not even HEARD a
      Red-shouldered Hawk since winter some time.
      Anyone one else with a similar lack?
      Although OT, it may be related that I am also not seeing previously
      common mammals such as raccoons, skunks, oppossums, squirrels, etc.
      I have had a Grey Fox several times in the last couple of weeks;
      his/her daytime appearances are a little worriesome with a rabies
      report for one in the area.
      George's Tri-colored Blackbirds on East Road will be worth a look on
      the way to the Eel next Sunday.
    • J Rosen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2008
        On southeast side Ukiah I had two competing pairs screaming at each other and doing aerial maneuvers about a month ago and very quiet since.

        Janet Rosen
        Zanshin Art
        "When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are hungry they call me a communist" - Helder Camara

      • Laurel Krause
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2008
          There is a Red Shouldered Hawk that lives around here near Bald Hill just
          north of Fort Bragg and I see/hear it often.

          Laurel Krause