Osprey

  • fred_andrews99
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2008
      May 1, 2008

      This morning I counted 7 osprey above Lake Cleone at MacKerricher
      State Park. Several attemps were made by osprey to catch a fish.
      Finally, one osprey dove into the water and grabbed a fish.

      Fred Andrews
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2012
        This morning at 10 am there was an Osprey sitting on a power pole on the south side of East Perkins. This was just across from the houses at 1202-1204 E Perkins and just before you get to the bridge when traveling east. I could not refind it at 11 am.

        While Ospreys are not rare, this is the first time I have seen one there in over 20 years. They are usually much further south on the river or much further north up by Lake Mendocino.

        Dave Bengston
        Ukiah
      • Jessica Morton
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5 12:36 PM
          Two Osprey sightings this week above Caspar Beach, both carrying long streamers of seaweed. Sunday, I heard the first chirping of one, less than a mile up Road 409 near their usual site.

          Sent from my 1947 Smith-Corona "Floating Shift" typewriter.