4/27 USTP: Solitary Sandpiper

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2008
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment
      Plant with Cheryl Watson and Geoff Heinecken. The best bird of the morning
      was a SOLITARY SANDPIPER which we saw along an exposed mud strip that is
      appearing on the western corner of the north pond. It was with a single
      DUNLIN, and a group of about 20 peeps with equal numbers of LEAST and
      WESTERN SANDPIPERS. The bird returned to this same mud after flying away
      twice and was still there when we left at 1045. There was an early
      SWAINSON'S THRUSH calling along the river.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...