White headed black bird

  • Viviana.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 6:30 PM
      We have a white headed blackbird in our yard here in the Covelo area.
      He/she also has alot of white underneath her wings. Looks like a
      minature bald eagle on first glance. She hangs out with a flock and
      talks the talk. Anyone else ever see such a variation/mutation? Viviana
    • Howard Guyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14 10:38 AM
        Hello,

        Re: Viviana's email

        I'm a "regular lurker" of Mendobirds living in Albion. In the Ft.
        Bragg Safeway parking lot I regularly see a blackbird with whiteish
        wings and tail feathers. Robert Keiffer was kind enough to educate
        me on the likely cause. Leucism.

        Regards,
        Howard Guyer