What a Difference....24 Little Hours

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
      Thurs, 3 April 2008 - Today at there were only 2 hummingbirds that I saw
      at Ocean Meadows/Ten Mile area. For the past 5 days, there have been
      several male Rufous and numerous Allen's, plus the female Calliope.

      Alas, poor "Cal" the CA Towhee has been singing more often, and louder
      than ever around the house. It breaks my heart, knowing that he is all
      alone over here.

      Also, for arrival dates, there were 2 Orange-crowned Wblrs on 3/31. Today,
      Jim spotted a male Com Yellowthroat near the house. 4/2 there were 4
      Savannah Sparrows in the yard.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area, north of Fort Bragg, CA

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2008
        Fri, 4 Apr 2008 - It looks like Karen is experiencing the same surge of
        migrating hummingbirds that we are seeing inland. In my yard it has been
        an audible rise and fall of Anna's and Rufous like this:
        28 Mar 2
        29 Mar 3
        30 Mar 3
        31 Mar 14