Slate-colored Junco

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2002
      Friday 25 January - Emily Turula reports a probable Slate-colored Junco
      coming to her feeder in her backyard. Emily is 90% sure that it is a
      slate-colored rather than a dull dark-eyed, and she is hoping that someone
      can take a look to verify this. It is best if you call ahead 462-0706 so
      that she can schedule appropriate (bird) feeding times. Her address is
      825 North Oak Street, Ukiah. It is best to park on the street as there
      is limited turn-around room on the long, narrow driveway. The driveway
      leads to the east side of North Oak Street. At least one White-throated
      Sparrow is also present.
      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040
    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
        Thu, 16 Mar 2006, 16:50 -- I just had a SLATE-COLORED JUNCO visit the
        feeder at my study window. I've never seen one in California before.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA
      • chaniot@pacific.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2006
          Fri, 17 Mar 2006, 11:16 -- The SLATE-COLORED JUNCO just made another
          appearance at my window feeder. It approaches and leaves through the live
          oak along the fence and seems more wary that the Oregon Juncos. I also saw
          it once in the eucalyptus across the fence.

          George Chaniot
          9430 West Road
          Potter Valley, MEN, CA
        • George Chaniot
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
            Thu, 04 Dec 2008 -- I just had a SLATE-COLORED D-e JUNCO in my yard in
            Potter Valley. Second time in 30 years.

            George Chaniot
            Potter Valley, MEN, CA