Anna's Hummingbird Deformed Bill?

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2008
      Wed 2, April 2008--I need some opinions on a Anna's Hummingbird
      picture I just posted. Obviously there's a problem with the bill. I've
      done some searching of the internet and can find no definitive answer
      as to the cause. Things that are mentioned are Avian Pox,
      knemidocoptes mites, bacterial infection, and hopefully, "sticky
      nectar and pollen".

      The hummingbird seems to be healthy and currently is the alpha male.
      I'm getting more hummingbirds (Anna's, Allen's and Rufous)at my feeder
      then usual. The Anna's that wintered here didn't have this problem.
      Any ideas?

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • Feather Forestwalker