Jan 19 MEN coast trip

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: Yesterday Demian Ebert, Shiela Ryan and I went
      down to Sonoma County to look for the Common Grackle. We found it at about
      830 in the Post Office parking lot directly N of the Safeway Parking lot in
      Guerneville. We decided to come back up the coast to Mendocino County. We
      stopped at Point Arena Cove and saw the Laysan Albatross right below the
      pier. At Glass Beach in Fort Bragg there were 8 Harlequin Ducks loafing on
      a rock N of the main path to the beach. We saw 3 Rock Sandpipers on the
      rocks at Laguna Point during a very mediocre high tide at 2:30. By then
      the wind was blowing so hard out of the WNW that it was nearly impossible
      to see through our scopes so we came home.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive