NO Yel-billed Magpie -- 03/13/08

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2008
      No Magpie of any kind could be found in Gualala this morning.
      Quite a bit of time was spent by Toby and me searching every
      trash bin area in the southern part of Gualala. We also looked
      at the river mouth, around the park on the Sonoma Co side, and
      peered over the fence at the Sea Ranch golf course.

      The man at the recycling center said he knew what a magpie
      looked like, and he saw no such bird on Wednesday. So, it
      has not been seen since Tuesday. Connie Shimbor was there
      early this morning and will check again tomorrow morning.
      Good places to look besides the recycling center behind Coldwell
      Banker Realty are the trash bins north of the Gualala Market
      and on the west side of Hwy 1 behind the Surf Market.

      Karen Havlena