White-throated Sparrow

  • rich_trissel
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12, 2008
      Hello -

      Yesterday, Tuesday, there was an adult White-throated Sparrow
      frequenting the mown lawns near the intersection of Ford and Little
      Lake St in Mendocino. The bird was seen in the late afternoon with a
      small flock of White-crowned and Golden-crowned Sparrows.

      Good Birding,

      Rich Trissel
    • Bob Keiffer
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
        Saturday - 28 June 2008 - This afternoon I had a White-throated Sparrow feeding out in the open in our chicken pen ...an area frequesnted by Golden-crowned Sparrows and an occasional White-throated Sparrow during their normal wintering season. This fellow seemed to have difficulty flying, which is most probably why he is still here. Other than that it seems quite healthy and very skittish ....run/fluttering to the nearby brush pile in a big hurry. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      • Robert J. Keiffer
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 22, 2008
          21 October 2008 - The darker rufous coloring in the wings caught my
          eye on a bird in my brush pile located in my chicken pen. Alas, a
          bit of "pishing" resulted in a better look at the first fall arrival
          (in my yard) of a nice adult White-throated Sparrow at my home in
          Hopland. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

          Robert J. Keiffer
          Principal Supt. of Agriculture
          UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
          4070 University Road
          Hopland, CA 95449
          (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

          arena." Theodore Roosevelt

        • Becky Stenberg
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 10, 2008
            I have a wts here in Glen Blair also. Glad I read the digest and
            looked it up so I could quit being baffled by the odd-looking
            White-crowned Sparrow with the Song Sparrowish face! So I guess I
            shouldn't pay so much attention to the range maps? ;oP

            Becky Stenberg
            Glen Blair
          • Richard
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
              Mon Oct 3, 2011-- Has my first Fall/Winter WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at my feeders today at 2:15PM.

              Richard Hubacek
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2011
                This morning a White-throated Sparrow showed up at my feeders. This is the 1st one in a long time for me. I hope it sticks around. I have been hearing of high numbers of them south of us at peoples' feeders this year.

                Dave Bengston
                Ukiah
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 18, 2012
                  I had my first of winter White-throated Sparrow at my feeder today. A very bright adult with 2 yellow headlights.

                  Dave Bengston
                  Ukiah
                • Ron LeValley
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 21, 2014

                    Hello birders,

                    As of today, April 21, there is still a White-throated Sparrow at our feeders in Little River. Seems late, and it is molting into breeding plumage.

                    Ron LeValley

                    Little River