Swallows have returned - it must be spring!

  • jackson_us
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hi Birders,
      Linda Bostwick of Point Arena reported to me that on Monday she heard
      and then saw Violet-green Swallows from her home. Also, as of Monday,
      Al the Laysan Albatross was still in the waters off the Point Arena
      pier. Tom Reid noted that Al's beak is becoming a deeper color. Rich
      Kuehn says this has to do with Al's breeding plumage changes.
      Fascinating!

      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay