Black-headed Grosbeak and Slate-colored Junco

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008
      To all; For the purpose of seasonal reporting; Both these birds still
      around on 2-24-08.

      The Grosbeak came to Suet and to a new seed feeder 3 times on this date.
      The first sighting of him at my feeder was 12-09-07. I have seen the
      bird on 16 occasions and as I shared at Peregrine member's meeting, he
      looks more brown- headed now , is generally scruffy and the feathers
      that are white ,with of course no melanin, are really standing out.

      The Slate-colored Junco has not been seen as frequent. It has been seen
      6 times. It was first seen in the yard 1-27-08. It is a beautiful bird
      and gets chased away. Just a note that it does not look like the female
      pictured in Sibley-it is more like the females in Peterson and National
      Geographic. Barbara , Ukiah.

      WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.