Northern Pintail

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2008
      A pair of Northern Pintails are at Virgin Creek along the Haul Road just north of Fort Bragg. When I first spotted them amongst the Mallards, I at first mistook the adult male in full breeding plumage for a domestic - Mallard hybrid. I got several shots and will upload a couple on the site for anyone who's interested.

      Feather

    • feather7023@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009
        I've added two photos to the groups page. One of a Northern Pintail male I shot a photo of last February, and another from today at the same location: Virgin Creek. Some other birders were there and were thinking this might be the same drake who comes back every year. Is it?

        Feather

      • Robert Keiffer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2014
          24 January 2014 - 1:30PM - One male NORTHERN PINTAIL was seen at Beckstoffer Pond along the Old River Road just south of Talmage. This is probably the same drake seen on Gielow pond a couple weeks ago. Also on the pond are 2 Canvasbacks, Ruddy Ducks, and Mallards. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer Hopland rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

          [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
          Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
          4070 University Rd.
          Hopland, CA 95449
          707-744-1424 ext. 112
          Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2014
            1-31-14 1010

            There are 4 Northern Pintail in the North Pond at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant. Steve Stump