Bald Eagle -Hopland

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2008
      Friday - 22 February 2008 - One adult Bald Eagle observed perched in an oak tree near Feliz Creek, one mile out (west) on Feliz Creek Road, Hopland. I observed this bird leaving an area of Douglas Fir trees near my home ...trees that are often used by Turkey Vultures for roosting. I think it is possible that this eagle roosted there for the night and I just happened to see it leaving the roost. It only flew about 200 yards before it alighted on the oak tree perch for a view of the creek.

      Also, my brother reported to me that he had a Common Poorwill for two nights on his driveway, west of Hopland, about ten days ago.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer