Western Meadowlarks

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 1:19 PM
      Today, my son and I spotted close to a dozen WESTERN MEADOWLARKS in
      various plumage states, from fall-winter and juvenile to spring, in the
      field right next to McDonald's on Highway One south of Fort Bragg. There
      were several singing, perching on pines on the very tops as well as
      foraging on the ground. Mixed in this flock were several European
      Starlings, English Sparrows and White-crowned Sparrows.

      Also in this same location were a few Hermit Thrushes.

      The storm is raging over here, lots of wind and rain, and the ocean is
      very choppy with the tide being very high and the waves are cresting at
      almost 20 feet. Be careful out there, shore-birders!

      Feather

      Forestwalker Productions

      Bird Cards, Bird T-shirts, Bird Drawings, Bird Stories

      http://www.jps.net/featherf/forestwalker.html

      Proceeds help in the rehabilitation and return to the wild, of our
      feathered friends on the northern Calfornia coast.